The handbooks below are in PDF format, which can be read with Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the Reader for free if you do not have it on your computer.
Part-time Classroom Studies
If you’re a local resident, you can attend UNC-Chapel Hill as a part-time student. The full range of graduate and undergraduate courses is available during the day, and a core curriculum of undergraduate courses is offered at night. You must be admitted to UNC-Chapel Hill to enroll, but you do not need to be seeking a degree.
- 2016 Fall Part-time Classroom Studies Student Handbook
- 2017 Spring Part-time Classroom Studies Student Handbook
These correspondence or online courses can be completed at your own pace. Enroll at any time of year; no class attendance is required. Courses originate and credit is granted from eight institutions in the University of North Carolina system.
- Student Handbook for Self-paced Correspondence Courses
- Student Handbook for Self-paced Online Courses
- Nurse Refresher Program Handbook for Online Students
Carolina Courses Online
These web-based courses are offered on a semester schedule. Class attendance is not required (for all but six courses), but you’ll communicate with your classmates and your instructor via email and discussion forums. Courses originate and credit is granted from UNC-Chapel Hill.