MATH 231: Calculus of Functions of One Variable I
This is a first semester course in differential and integral calculus. Students will learn limits, derivitives, and integrals of functions of one variable.
- Stewart, Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 8th edition. ISBN ISBN 978-1285741550. (This textbook is also used in MATH 232.)
- Access to WebAssign, an online homework management system. Instructions for purchase will be provided; a credit card must be used for online purchase.
You can find information on how to purchase textbooks and required materials on the Textbooks page of the Friday Center website.
- Instructor: Elizabeth McLaughlin, MS
- Credit-granting Institution: UNC-Chapel Hill
- Credit Hours: 4
- Number of Assignments: 28
- Prerequisite(s): grade of C- or better in MATH 130 or permission of the instructor
- View a sample course syllabus for the online course.