SPAN 405: Intermediate Spanish for Health Care Professionals
Summer 2019 (11 weeks: May 15–July 30)
Spring Semester 2019 (January 9 - May 7)
The primary goal of Intermediate Spanish for Health Care Professionals is to improve your Spanish communication skills so that you can be a better health care provider to your current and future patients and clients. Communication in a health care setting involves much more than just speaking a common language, however. In order to provide adequate care, one must also understand patients’ and clients’ cultures and their reactions to receiving health care. As such, this course focuses on improving aural and oral communication skills within the context of Latino immigrant culture in health care settings.
- You must call your instructor and a conversation partner (a classmate) once a week, even if the calls require long distance. Each conversation will last fifteen minutes.
- Instructor: Hosun Kim, PhD
- Department: Romance Studies
- Credit Hours: 3
- Prerequisite(s): two semesters of college-level Spanish (this course is at the intermediate level)
- View a sample course syllabus for the online course.